Awards & Scholarships
The Canadian Group Psychotherapy Foundation offers financial support to students and practitioners wishing to further their education, research or clinical practice in group psychotherapy through a variety of Awards and Scholarships.
Awards are given annually in amounts of up to $1,000. Larger amounts may be available depending on the nature of the research. You may submit an application at any time during the year; applications are reviewed quarterly.
Please click below for more details about the award category you wish to pursue:
- Training, Conference or Event Scholarship: up to 5 Scholarships available annually.
- Advanced Training Scholarship for group therapists wishing to attend The American Group Psychotherapy Conference and Institute: up to 2 Scholarships available annually.
- Group Practitioner Development Award for clinicians with a minimum 2 years’ active practice in group psychotherapy: up to 2 Awards available annually to support experiential training or supervision.
- Award recognizing publications, research, innovation or education contributions: 1 Award available annually in recognition of outstanding contribution.
Each application must include the following 3 components:
- Cover page
- Current Resume or CV (please provide attachment)
- Maximum 1-page letter of intent outlining your interest in group psychotherapy, and why you believe you are a candidate for the Award/Scholarship (please provide attachment)
Applications may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org